Pages

Thursday, October 23, 2014

a coffee date...


If we were on a coffee date, I would redeem my free Starbucks birthday drink, because tomorrow is my birthday.

If we were on a coffee date, the topic of a quarter-life crisis would be discussed because I am turning 25 tomorrow and HOW DID THAT EVEN HAPPEN? WHAT IS LIFE?

If we were on a coffee date, we would talk about change. Are you good with change? How do you handle it? Because friends, apparently I am just horrible at it. Navigating change is NOT my spiritual gift, let me just tell you that right now.

If we were on a coffee date, I would share with you that I am SO thankful for the people in my life, for you. I am definitely blessed by the love, prayers, and care of a great army of people and I praise God for that every single day.

If we were on a coffee date, we would talk about make-up and appearance and how sometimes it’s just terribly exhausting. I assure you, the people of Trader Joe’s and Target do not care if we come to them in yoga pants, a messy bun, and no make-up. I am just here for the pumpkin cinnamon roles and Up & Up cleaning supplies, thank you very much.  

If we were on a coffee date, I would tell you that my favorite pastor to listen to, as of late, is Louie Giglio. Please look up his sermon series, “Goliath Must Fall” and the sermon “Strong IN The Lord”. They will encourage your heart and change your life.

If we were on a coffee date, we would talk about rest and saying no and trusting in God.



*These posts are inspired by this lady. She's a new favorite.*

No comments:

Post a Comment