Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2014

a coffee date (featuring Hawaiian lattes)...


If we were on a coffee date, it would have been in honor of National Coffee Day.

If we were on a coffee date, I would order you a Hawaiian Latte. Yes, there is such a thing, and it is as close to Hawaii (and Heaven) you will get without actually going there. Coconut and honey and milk and espresso… For the love of all things… Thank you, Jesus!

If we were on a coffee date, I would tell you about how I am now a substitute teacher for my local Christian junior high and high school system. Note: I made sure to tell the principal that I absolutely cannot teach math in any sort of capacity. When it comes to math.... GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS.

If we were on a coffee date, we would talk about how Citizens & Saints came to my church this past weekend. They showed up at our junior high event in between worship services, before they went to lunch off-campus, and let me just tell you, I was more excited than our students!

If we were on a coffee date, I would ask you about struggles and how God is using them to teach you His truth. I would share with you that I am indeed struggling with some things, and that God is using them mightily. But right now, it’s not fun.

If we were on a coffee date, I would tell you that I am going to Texas in February for the IF: Gathering. I am beyond excited to spend a weekend away with great women, focused on His will and desires for our ministries. Not to mention, I am going to hunt down Christy Nockels, Ann Voskamp, Jen Hatmaker, and Shauna Niequist at this thing! I am determined to have sit-down coffee with at least one of them! PLEASE JESUS, MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

If we were on a coffee date, we would talk about She Reads Truth and Shop Kick and lose track of time. 



*These posts are inspired by this lady. She's a new favorite.*

No comments:

Post a Comment