Pages

Monday, March 23, 2015

spring fever...


Spring is my second favorite season (silver medal, y’all).

Every single year, I get the fever… the spring fever; I want to bake new things, clean house, throw out the old, and bring on the new.

(coconut almond butter cups... recipe coming soon!)

This weekend I went a little spring fever crazy, which is totally appropriate since it was the very first weekend of the season… I bought flowers for my little apartment from our local Farmer’s Market, made a few new recipes (eggplant lasagna and coconut almond butter cups!), deep-cleaned the kitchen, sewed a new duvet, and installed new curtains. AND I WANTED TO DO MORE. So, I went to Starbucks to grab a coffee and imagine my surprise when I felt so tired driving there and back; the moment I stopped doing all the things, my body had a chance to catch up and say “FOR THE LOVE, NO MORE!”

So, I came home and did just that… nothing more. Actually, I did one thing more, which was pop in a movie and write this post!

This Spring feels different; maybe I am romanticizing it, but I feel something is coming, its in the air. There is change, there are good things, there is excitement. People, I can feel it in my bones, this season (literally) is going to be good. 

So, how are you celebrating the new season?
Buy flowers? A new candle? Take a trip to the beach?
What did you do this weekend?
Tell me all about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment