Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

a coffee date...


If we were on a coffee date, I would tell you that being overwhelmed and anxious and a little bit scared does NOT mean that you are depressed, clinically anxious, or in need of help. Sometimes, we get so wrapped up in hard things that we forget who we are, and that's kind of normal. Don't let fear or people tell you who you are, stay rooted in truth.

If we were on a coffee date, I would remind you that it’s okay to take a break. Take some time to rest, to love on yourself, to do something silly and seemingly stupid.

If we were on a coffee date, I would be totally transparent with you about the current storm I am navigating. It is teaching me to trust in the manna God gives for TODAY, not for tomorrow, but today. Trust Him for who He is today, not for who you think He will be tomorrow.

If we were on a coffee date, I would tell you all about the silly things that my junior high girls say. For the love, they will be the reason I have wild wrinkles and laugh lines at a young age. Alex from Target? Ebola? Farmers.com? Yes, we talk about all of that business.

If we were on a coffee date, I would tell you about how two nights ago I dreamed that I was getting married, and, the best part? LANCE BASS MADE MY WEDDING CAKE. It was a backyard wedding, complete with twinkle lights and long tables and a cake made by my favorite boy band boy. If that's not one of the best dreams you have ever heard of, I don't know what is. (#nsyncforlife #allaboutthatbass)

If we were on a coffee date, I would ask you if you have already planned out your Christmas wish list, broke out your favorite Christmas Spotify playlist, and made impulse purchases at Target (their Christmas section… WHY?). I would then judge you, because it’s only November 5, for the love!


*These posts are inspired by this lady. She's a new favorite.*

No comments:

Post a Comment