Pages

Friday, September 12, 2014

a coffee date...


If we were on a coffee date, I would have my hair back in some sort of crazy hot mess of a bun, because I haven’t washed my hair in roughly three days. After a wild week of ministry and early (frankly, ungodly) mornings, that’s what y’all get.


If we were on a coffee date, I would ask you how your week was, what you have going on, and pray you would be completely transparent with me about your answer.

If we were on a coffee date, we would naturally talk about how it has been 13 years since 9/11 and about the release of Gilmore Girls on Netflix.

If we were on a coffee date, I would ask you about mentorship and your philosophies and whom you are pouring into.

If we were on a coffee date, I would tell you that I wish with every fiber in my being that I could pull off colored and printed pants. You would then tell me, “Girl, you would totally rock them! Just do it!” To which I would respond with, “My thighs would have to disagree with you…” Seriously though, I WANT TO WEAR THE POLKA DOT PANTS. Can you pull them off? Are you wearing them right now?

If we were on a coffee date, prayer would definitely be in the subject of conversation. I have found a great deal of peace and heart change in my prayer life this past week, for no special reason other than God doing a work in my little heart. I have heard it said that prayer is more about changing our hearts rather than changing God’s mind… Which I love! What do you think?

If we were on a coffee date, I would get really weepy talking about the youth that I minister to; these students are my life. Whether I am an employee on my church staff or a layperson, ministry pumps through my veins. God has wired me for conversations about God and boys and Bible and family and friends, all wrapped up in junior high language, obvi. The youth group I serve is unbelievable, and I often cry when I think about the Lord allowing me to work alongside Him in their lives.

If we were on a coffee date, I would secretly Instagram it. Don’t worry, I put a great filter on it.


*These posts are inspired by this lady. She's a new favorite.*

No comments:

Post a Comment