Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2016

a coffee date (airport edition)...

If we were on a coffee date, we would meet at the airport because I am on my way to ECUADOR AND I JUST CAN'T EVEN, HOLY MOSES IS THIS REAL LIFE RIGHT NOW?
If we were on a coffee date, I would tell you that I met Jo Saxton and she is exactly the ball of fun and wisdom that I thought she would be! We spent a very small ten minutes chatting about college student culture, the questions you find yourself asking during that time, and about getting a "ring by spring". The best thing she said to me was, "I barely knew my own name when I was 22 years old, and the 26 year old me was the hottest mess… It gets better. I promise. It definitely gets better!" THANK YOU, JO. 

If we were on a coffee date, I would tell you that I just spent the past hour and a half on the ground, in a corner, sleeping at the George Bush Intercontinental Airport. I am not ashamed of this, it's just what needed to happen.

If we were on a coffee date, I would probably apologize for my social media feeds over the next ten days. You are about to be bombarded with all the things, but Instagram is my love language so… #sorry

If we were on a coffee date, I would tell you to watch Shonda Rhimes' TED Talk titled "My Year of Saying Yes to Everything". I would also tell you to play "Tomorrow Never Comes" by Zac Brown Band on repeat. And also pre-order "Looking for Lovely" by Annie F. Downs. Okay, that's all. 

If we were on a coffee date, we would probably talk about Leo's big win at The Oscars this year and his speech. Global warming? Interesting moment to talk about that, Leo.

If we were on a coffee date, we would probably talk about how excited we are for the summer months that are just around the corner! I don't know about you, but I am ready for summer nights and lazy beach days! 

If we were on a coffee date, what would you tell me? 

No comments:

Post a Comment