Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

all the things: june + july...


These past two months have been a complete whirlwind.

I am basically playing catch-up with June and July, so bear with me. These past couple months have held joy and heartache, spiritual rest and spiritual turmoil. All I have to say is I am so thankful for the Lord’s hold on me, for my community, for the truth that sobers anxious thoughts.

That being said, here are all the things of June + July...


Stress Relief Aromatherapy Lotion (Eucalyptus + Spearmint): This stuff SMELLS SO GOOD. I keep it at my (new) desk and it is heavenly. Bath & Body Works has a sale going on right now, all aromatherapy scented lotions are $8! That’s basically a steal. Run, don’t walk.

Johnnyswim: This husband and wife duo are the soundtrack to my office days! “You and I” is on repeat, all day e’eryday.

My New Car: You guys, I just made a big adult purchase. A NEW CAR. (Cue the Oprah “EVERY BODY GETS A NEW CAAAAAAR” clip”.) It is a black 2015 Honda Civic and it is perfect. I am so thankful for people in my church who helped me find the best option for my lifestyle and budget as a 25 year old person. Also, I have named her “Bonnie”, short for “Black Bonita” which is Spanglish for “Black Beauty”. Naming cars is fun.

Concerts: This past weekend I went to my very first country concert EVER and it was the best. We saw A Thousand Horses, Brothers Osborne, BRETT ELDREDGE, and Darius Rucker. Please see BRETT ELDREDGE. What the heck, even? My very first country concert and it was one of my most favorite musicians in the business. My heart melted as he sang about love and country and trucks. Heart eyes forever.

Graceland: My newest obsession via Netflix. This show is still “live” on TV, but there are two seasons on Netflix and I just finished them last night. Cop shows are my favorite and this one did not disappoint. Now I have to wait until Season 3 is released on Netflix… HOLD ME.

Friend Dates: Now that I am working 8am – 5pm, Monday to Friday like a real adult, my weekends are full of intentional time spent with friends (and grocery shopping). I am so thankful for my community and the joy that comes from good food and good conversation.  

Fruits of the Spirit + Jesus: I think that Galatians 5 is such an important portion of Scripture and a lot of times we reserve it for VBS and children’s ministry (because there are so many art projects we can do with this, right?). But, this month I am studying through the fruit and the intertwining’s of them all. I am reading through writings by Jonathan Edwards and Tim Keller and the Lord is blessing me with a fresh perspective.

The Beach: As a Southern California resident, I don’t take advantage of the beach as often as I should, until recently. It was my go-to place the day my grandpa passed away, it has been my go-to place for adventuring, and it has been my go-to place for friends and Jesus time (and because it has been so hot). There is something about the ocean; it reminds me that God is in charge of the huge things. The ocean, I think, is one of the most tangible representations of His sovereignty and power. I sit there and think about life and I am humbled and sobered up from the attacks of the Enemy. Thank you Jesus for the beach!

Insta-Sayings: The insta-world has been on point in terms to graphics as of late. My favorite one I have seen is pictured above. “Drink some coffee, put on gangster-rap, and handle it.” You guys, this is the best because this is 40% of my life in a nutshell.

What about y’all?
Tell me about some of the things that have 
gotten you through the past couple months!

No comments:

Post a Comment