Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

the pain of discipline...

“No discipline is enjoyable while it is happening… it’s painful! But afterward, there will be a peaceful harvest of right living for those who are trained in this way.”

Hebrews 12:11

The above Scripture is my chosen verse for this new year. I have it written in the front of my new journal, plastered throughout my planner, and written in sticky notes in my home and office. Not to mention, these words are already scripted into my heart, the place is of the utmost importance.

I love this verse about discipline simply because it acknowledges that it is painful; it is hard to cultivate discipline! It is not easy to set your alarm an hour earlier to start the morning with your Savior, it’s not easy to resist the freshly baked chocolate chip cookies in the workroom at my church on a Monday afternoon, it’s not easy to schedule doctors appointments and tire rotations and school loan payments. But, ultimately, this right way of living will become a little easier with every new morning.

I am excited for the journey ahead, to see how I emerge from 2014 in December.

What are you focusing on this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment