Pages

Friday, September 20, 2013

he is...

“The LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to save, He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing…”
Zephaniah 3:17

I don’t know about you, but I desperately needed this portion of Scripture this week. I need the truth and promise of God’s Word to sink into the hollowed places and dwell there. Through the sin and the loss encountered this week, I have no choice but to cling to the heart of Christ and to meditate on His promises.

I love this verse because it declares that the Lord is faithful to:

Be with me.
Save me.
Delight in me.
Quiet me.
Rejoice over me.

And how does He do these things? With His might, His love and His singing. I am so thankful to serve a God whose character defines the way that He loves me; His love is not defined by my character, my sin, my works… It is only based upon His grace, wrath and mercy.

Friends, take delight in the sweet promises of His love this morning! When we are encompassed with fear, grief and sin, remember that He is mighty to save, that He quiet your feeble heart in His love and that He rejoices over your life in singing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment