Pages

Monday, February 1, 2016

on reading in 2016...

Carrying on with the idea of cultivating growth, this year I want to be very intentional about what I read. I love words, I love highlighting them and circling them and putting them on Post-Its throughout my common places (my bathroom mirror, my desktop computer at work, my planner) to remind me of ideas and truth. 

Over the past month, I have asked friends all over America what they have been reading and what I should be reading. I have also scoured Instagram accounts and blogs of my favorite authors to find out what they have been reading. Through all of this highly skilled and effective research, I have carefully crafted my list of books. 

I can't tell you how excited I am about these, because a good portion of them are new and written by some of my most favorite writers! 
(all images found via Amazon)
My goal is 12 books in 12 months, which I feel is very manageable. I am excited to have something to stretch me and grow me each month. And because I am Type A, I have planned out all of the books I plan to read throughout this year...

"Big Magic" by Elizabeth Gilbert

"A Praying Life" by Paul Miller

"Search for Significance" by McGee

"Looking for Lovely" by Annie Downs

"Wild and Free" by Jessica Connolly and Hayley Morgan

"Why Not Me?" by Mindy Kaling

"Love Does" by Bob Goff

"Daring Greatly" by Brene Brown

"He Speaks in the Silence" by Diane Comer

"A Prayer Journal" by Flannery O'Connor

"Emotionally Healthy Spiritually" by Peter Scazzero

"Present Over Perfect" by Shauna Niequist


There you have it, my list of reads for 2016! Honestly, I hope I read more than what's listed here, but I am trying to be realistic (again, I am great at starting, not finishing!).

So friends, what is on your list?


* I would like to add "The Power of Other" by Henry Cloud.

2 comments: