Pages

Monday, December 29, 2014

a coffee date (where we usher in the new year)...


If we were on a coffee date, we would order something hot and flavorful and in a big ceramic mug. I am thinking lavender vanilla lattes, yes?

If we were on a coffee date, I would tell you how my hypochondriac tendencies have reached an ALL TIME HIGH. Here I am, most likely trying to catch a cold or already battling a sinus infection, and I am thinking I have an aneurism and a brain tumor and melanoma. Holy Moses, get a grip lady!

If we were on a coffee date, and speaking of Moses, I would ask you if you have seen the new Exodus: For God and Kings film that’s out in theatres. What did you think? I have some thoughts of my own to share with you!

If we were on a coffee date, we would talk about good guys, because they exist.

If we were on a coffee date, there would be talk about self-awareness and using your 20's to really find out why you do what you do, think the way you think, respond the way you respond. The past couple weeks, I have learned a lot about myself, about the why's. 

If we were on a coffee date, we would talk about my new haircut and how I have this whole whispy, curly A-line thing happening and I LOVE IT ALL. It’s the first week, so naturally styling is still an adventure, but I am thankful to be back to shorter hair.

If we were on a coffee date, I would ask you about 2014, about what the Lord has taught you, your favorite memories, the hardships, all of it. We would then talk about what is ahead for 2015… The concrete plans, the goals, the themes… So friend, what is ahead for 2015?


*These posts are inspired by this lady. She's a new favorite.*

No comments:

Post a Comment