Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

all the things: september...


September is the swan song of the Summer. It was a good month, but I am so ready to be in Fall (even though us Southern Californians only get about ten days of Fall per year). I will choose to wear my scarves because it is now October, don’t tell me how to live my life!
Here are all the things of September:
Fancy Fall Cups: I am in LOVE with these new cups at Starbucks. Forget the red cups, these are shiny and new and I really hope they keep them for the coming years! (Sidenote: I have yet to actually drink a beverage from one; every Starbucks I go to is OUT of the cups. No, I don’t know how that happens.)

Incourage: You guys, I posted on my social medias that this past month I submitted a piece to Incourage and I received an email that I have been chosen to be featured! Cue the screaming and happy dancing! God is so good, and I am thrilled and honored to be featured along with women like Annie Downs, Jen Hatmaker, Shauna Niequist, and Anne Voskamp. It’s super humbling and exciting! My post will be live on November 23, and trust me, it will be linked here and in all my social medias! Eeeek!

Friday Night Lights: Now that my girls are in high school, I am able to basically relive those four years with them. I have made a point to go to football games on Fridays with them, and let me tell you, it is so fun. I miss football, I miss cheering on the boys of Fall, I miss the colder weather and being wrapped up in jackets and blankets and team paraphernalia. Gosh, it’s just so fun. I love being able to share this season with my girls and relive high school a little bit.

Simply Tuesday: This book by Emily Freeman, you need it. Loving it, loving the idea of embracing the smallness!

Take Yourself Out of The Running: This post by Jessa Connolly completely wrecked me this month. Please go read this. It will do wonders for your soul.

Women’s Bible Study: This month we started Women’s Bible Study (WBS) and I am LOVING it. We worship, we study, we discuss. We are going through Acts this year and it is so needed. This past Wednesday especially; we talked about the crippled beggar outside the temple in chapter three, and my heart just about burst from truth and encouragement. I am already so thankful for these women and for the past month of Bible study with them.

                                                 How was your September?

No comments:

Post a Comment