Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2015

all the things: april...


April was a very fun, interesting month. I felt like April gave me a some time to breathe before the craziness of May and before we launch into the summer months.

Here are all the things of April!


Joanna Gaines’ Testimony: If you have a free four minutes, you need to watch this. I love her show “Fixer Upper” and love how her and her husband are so real and goofy! She talks about her Korean/American heritage and how the deep-rooted lie of being “enough” was sown into her at an early age. Watch HERE

Easter: I have said it once, and I will say it again and again… I LOVE MY CHURCH. It is so much more than the place I work, the building I walk into every Sunday morning; that place is a home for me. The community I have there, I just can’t begin to tell you. Easter was such a fun, beautiful time in our community.

Old Navy Jeans: I live in these. Literally, they are so comfy and beyond perfect for the summer heat that we are beginning to experience. Go grab yourself a pair and thank me later. Order online HERE

Netflix: This past month I finished the first seasons of Bloodline and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and began re-binge watching Friday Night Lights and One Tree Hill. I usually watch my new shows after dinner, curled up in my bed right before I go to sleep and my binge shows are on when I clean, cook, etc. I have loved having extra time to invest in new shows… It’s the simple things in life that being the most pleasure!

Let’s All Be Brave by Annie Downs: PICK THIS UP NOW. Annie Downs speaks my language and I am very confident that if we lived in the same town we would be the best of friends. She writes in coffee shops, so every chapter feels like you are literally sitting at a quaint coffee shop in Nashville, drinking lattes and discussing life. And, if you don’t have time to go grab her book, hop on over to her blog HERE.

When Dreams Don’t Come True, And Even When They Do: This is perfect. Please read this blog post and be encouraged. So good, like Jimmy Fallon so good. Read HERE.

On Narrowing by Shauna Niequist: This post is simply brilliant. I am not in the same life season as Shauna, but her words speak such truth into the deep places of my soul. As we grow older, we do discover what is important to us, we weed out the unnecessary and narrow down to the things we unashamedly want in our lives. Learning to narrow now is something worth pursuing. Read HERE.

Guest Blogging: This past month I was over at my friend’s blog, Familiar Friend, writing on stillness and what it means to try harder. Hop on over to that post HERE.

What are some things that you enjoyed this past month?

No comments:

Post a Comment