Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

a coffee date (where we learn some Hebrew)...


If we were on a coffee date, I would order an iced latte with whole milk and not sweetener paired with a slice of pumpkin bread, because that sounds like heaven at this very moment.

If we were on a coffee date, I would tell you that I am learning to stop fighting and to simply accept.

If we were on a coffee date, I would tell you that the whole “Quarter Life Crisis” thing is real. (Turning 25 in a week and a half and it’s making me a HOT MESS of a person.)

If we were on a coffee date, we would watch the music video that Jimmy Fallon just created for his "Ew" parody. That man is a comical genius and can rap with the best of them.

If we were on a coffee date, I would ask you what God is teaching you right now… What are you reading through? How is God reminding you of His truth?

If we were on a coffee date, we would talk about life and cancer and the hard things and how they shape our view of God.

If we were on a coffee date, I would share with you Psalm 91 and how I am clinging to the promise that Christ is our metsudah (Hebrew for “inaccessible place). The things of this world have no access to us; there is no place for fear amongst the grace and love found at His throne.

If we were on a coffee date, I would ask how I can be praying for you, and pray for you right there. Prayer, it’s such a beautiful opportunity.



*These posts are inspired by this lady. She's a new favorite.*

No comments:

Post a Comment